Thursday, March 19, 2009

My International Tooth

Last year crossing the Nullabor, my tooth fell to bits. I finally got to see an English dentist in Albany and had it re-built. Up north in WA, it fell to bits again and a delightful Canadian woman fixed it for me back in Perth. Yesterday it fell to bits again so a nice young Kiwi "boy" had a crack at it this afternoon.

It has a pin and huge filling in it now, but it gave him plenty of grief getting it anywhere near to a point we were both happy with! The filling fell to bits the first time he took the metal clamp off and asked me to "bite lightly" on it, so he had to change the filling stuff and refill half of it. It took forever and he said if I wasn't happy to come back. I actually "came back" from reception for him to smooth some more off it.

He had quoted me $230 and only charged me $190 for it all-the receptionist was implying how very lucky I was as it had been a super long consultation-I was sore and snappy and pointed out it was only because the filling disintergrated and we had to do it again that I was getting the discount. I suspect it may fall out again, pin or no pin.

A repeat of last year's wedding anniversary present when I had a trip to the dentist on almost the same day.

We just went and booked four more nights in Snug-bringing the total to 14. It's a lovely place and we still haven't been to Bruny Island, down to Dover and beyond and we haven't toured the rest of the bay. Russ bought me a new fishing reel while I was in the dentist (an anniversary present) so I want to try that out too.

No comments: